This week we will be starting a week long unit on the TEK 1112.2 2(b) which (in English) means the learner will be able to plan and conduct simple descriptive investigations. This will take place in and out of the classroom. I encourage you to incorporate this into your daily routines somehow whether that be describing different textures in your house say with furniture or food to comparing and investigating the difference in your pets etc...
Here is something I found that might be fun for you and your child: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/curriculum/docs/brochures/KSCIed.pdf
There are a few choices here. I would like us to focus mainly on the observing and investigating differences. I would love for you to provide a broad topic to get them started and they take it from there. A great example would be to pick the backyard and they choice what in the backyard they want to explore and investigate.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment